Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Can I exchange my iPad which I recently purchased for a MacBook

I recently purchased iPad 10.9 wide. Wi-Fi and cellular 64 gb in. June 2023. I now think I would rather have a MacBook that the iPad is it possible I can exchange it at the Apple Store for a MacBook.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 9:23 AM

Apple does offer the facility to return an undamaged/unwanted item within 14-days of its original purchase from Apple. By your description, you are well beyond the 14-day cutoff - and as such the opportunity to return and exchange your iPad has been lost.

Apple's trade-in programme does not accept current-models. As such, until your iPad is superseded, trade-in won't be an option. When trade-in does become an option, the potential value will be significantly less than you paid.

As such, selling your unwanted iPad privately will likely be the only way to recover a significant proportion of the purchase cost - which you can put towards the purchase of a Mac computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 9:23 AM in response to palwinder209

Apple does offer the facility to return an undamaged/unwanted item within 14-days of its original purchase from Apple. By your description, you are well beyond the 14-day cutoff - and as such the opportunity to return and exchange your iPad has been lost.

Apple's trade-in programme does not accept current-models. As such, until your iPad is superseded, trade-in won't be an option. When trade-in does become an option, the potential value will be significantly less than you paid.

As such, selling your unwanted iPad privately will likely be the only way to recover a significant proportion of the purchase cost - which you can put towards the purchase of a Mac computer.

Can I exchange my iPad which I recently purchased for a MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.