Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you pair Beats Studio Buds to the Apple Watch?

I just got a pair of the new buds and connected fine to my iPhone. But I cannot seem to find a way to pair with my watch to listen. I found the button inside the case and hold that down but nothing happens.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 9:10 AM

Hi gomichaelgo81,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help connecting your Beats Studio Buds to your Apple Watch.

Try following the steps on this page: Connect Apple Watch to Bluetooth headphones or speakers and here: Set up and use your Beats Studio Buds.

You'll need to get your Beats Studio Buds in pairing mode:

"Pair with your Mac or with another device that uses Bluetooth

1. Make sure that you turned on Bluetooth on your Mac or other device.
  2. With the case lid open, hold your Beats Studio Buds next to your Mac or other device.
  3. Press and hold the system button on the charging case until the LED blinks.
  4. Open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac or other device. For example, on your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  5. In the list of discovered Bluetooth devices, tap or click your Beats Studio Buds."

Have a fantastic day!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 9:10 AM in response to gomichaelgo81

Hi gomichaelgo81,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help connecting your Beats Studio Buds to your Apple Watch.

Try following the steps on this page: Connect Apple Watch to Bluetooth headphones or speakers and here: Set up and use your Beats Studio Buds.

You'll need to get your Beats Studio Buds in pairing mode:

"Pair with your Mac or with another device that uses Bluetooth

1. Make sure that you turned on Bluetooth on your Mac or other device.
  2. With the case lid open, hold your Beats Studio Buds next to your Mac or other device.
  3. Press and hold the system button on the charging case until the LED blinks.
  4. Open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac or other device. For example, on your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  5. In the list of discovered Bluetooth devices, tap or click your Beats Studio Buds."

Have a fantastic day!

Sep 19, 2021 6:51 PM in response to daylon1906

Put the buds in the case. Close case. Turn off Bluetooth in your phone. Go to Bluetooth on your Apple Watch and turn on Bluetooth (if not already on). If you already have two devices linked to Apple Watch, remove one. Open the beats buds case and hold down the invisible button between the buds. For me, Apple Watch recognized the beats buds but said “not paired”. Then when I put the buds in my ears, they worked! Now turn back on your phone’s bluetooth

Sep 23, 2021 8:34 AM in response to BoMama20

bluetooth use what is called profiles rather than product specfic drivers

so all headsets which support the profile called a2dp List of Bluetooth profiles - Wikipedia

should work the same, never had problems with any bluetooth speakers or headset on any device

nor with any keyboard or mice (not on the watch of cause)

so if the beats does not work it's because

1. they are not in pairing mode
  2. they have an active connection to another device
  3. they are defect
  4. they were never fully bluetooth a2dp compliant in the first place

Sep 23, 2021 12:48 PM in response to BoMama20

Yes, follow my instructions (posted above) and also here: Put the buds in the case. Close case. Turn off Bluetooth in your phone. Go to Bluetooth on your Apple Watch and turn on Bluetooth (if not already on). If you already have two devices linked to Apple Watch, remove one. Open the beats buds case and hold down the invisible button between the buds. For me, Apple Watch recognized the beats buds but said “not paired”. Then when I put the buds in my ears, they worked! Now turn back on your phone’s bluetooth

How do you pair Beats Studio Buds to the Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.