Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health dropping!!!

I got my Iphone 12 about 7 month ago ,

2 month ago I got the 20wtt charger and I realized that the battery health was 99% !

after 1 week using the charger it dropped to 98% ! Now it is 96% !!!

why is that happening??

( while using the fast charger the device heats up a bit , could that be the reason? )

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:17 PM

This is normal. Lithium batteries degrade over time, this is why your battery might not last as long now as when you originally purchased your device. It should reach around 80% after two years.

You can find out more information about battery, charging and optimising your battery to get the most out of it here

Your phone will get slightly hot during charging, but it shouldn't get extremely hot / too hot to touch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 5:17 PM in response to Rania_87

This is normal. Lithium batteries degrade over time, this is why your battery might not last as long now as when you originally purchased your device. It should reach around 80% after two years.

You can find out more information about battery, charging and optimising your battery to get the most out of it here

Your phone will get slightly hot during charging, but it shouldn't get extremely hot / too hot to touch.

Battery health dropping!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.