You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I retrieve app info from icloud

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 inch Gen 2. All updates are current.

I had a problem with an app. I contacted the games website and they advised of the steps to take. This involved backing up my ipad (yes, the game was switched on to being saved), deleting the app, turning off the ipad and re-installing the app, then recovering all my data.

I did all this. The app re-installed correctly, and all my puzzle packs were successfully re-uploaded. However, none of my previous game history (which included hundreds of puzzles and challenges) were restored.

I contacted the company again, who said they couldn't help, only with the actual puzzle packs (which were successfully restored). They said any game progress data would be saved through the iCloud backup, which I had done just before deleting.

So, through Apple iCloud, how do I retrieve the info from this one App please? It's years of work and I really don't want to have lost it.

Thanks in advance :)

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:37 PM

Well, backups if you have a backup stored on iCloud, the only way to restore it to your iPad is to reset it to factory settings, then restore from it on the Setup screen. This involves re-downloading your whole App Library and other contents you may already have.

If you have problems restoring your iPad, these articles can help

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

If restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2021 8:37 PM in response to brer_rabbit

Well, backups if you have a backup stored on iCloud, the only way to restore it to your iPad is to reset it to factory settings, then restore from it on the Setup screen. This involves re-downloading your whole App Library and other contents you may already have.

If you have problems restoring your iPad, these articles can help

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

If restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

how do I retrieve app info from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.