Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Smart keyboard

I have tried the measures presented in “Use your Smart Keyboard…..” & have iPad OS version 14.6.

My Smart Keyboard still does not function. I get repeated “accessory not supported….” messages. Thank you for suggesting next steps.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 5:25 AM

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 5:25 AM in response to Sonte24

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

iPad Smart keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.