Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Clicking Header Of Message In Mail Fills Entire Screen - Can't Undo Or Resize

i accidently double clicked the top of a message in mail and it blew up to full screen, no green or red buttons, no way to make smaller, escape does not work, i am totally stuck and rather perturbed about this stupid feature. How do i make it small again?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 8:00 AM

I found the solution to show the green & red buttons is to move the mouse up to the menu bar, and it makes the message smaller and when i hit green, it went back to normal. If the green button initially makes a window full screen, what would be the benefit of double clicking the top of a message to achieve that result on steroids?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 8:00 AM in response to Chris Winkler1

I found the solution to show the green & red buttons is to move the mouse up to the menu bar, and it makes the message smaller and when i hit green, it went back to normal. If the green button initially makes a window full screen, what would be the benefit of double clicking the top of a message to achieve that result on steroids?

Jun 29, 2021 8:03 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

So that did take it in and out of that mode, thanks. Does it have a name?

But when i double click a message header, it just fills screen with resize dots showing, not super screen. Now i can't recreate the initial problem. Is there a click combination somewhere that will also get that result? All i remember is trying to click something and it blew up.

Double Clicking Header Of Message In Mail Fills Entire Screen - Can't Undo Or Resize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.