Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hot iPhone is it normal ?

My iPhone 12 Pro max gets awfully hot when I use it with normal use for example I could be watching TickTock or something in near the camera area and under it gets noticeably hot and around the ends I guess you could say it gets hot there too I am wondering if this is normal or do I have to go get a new phone so…

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 10:04 AM

Getting warm or even somewhat hot depending on what you're going can be normal. If it gets so hot you can't hold it, that's a problem and you should turn it off, unplug it and contact Apple.

Note that many parts of the U.S. are experiencing unprecedented heat waves right now. If you are in one of those areas and not in air conditioning, the phone may get hotter than it should.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 10:04 AM in response to chxy-

Getting warm or even somewhat hot depending on what you're going can be normal. If it gets so hot you can't hold it, that's a problem and you should turn it off, unplug it and contact Apple.

Note that many parts of the U.S. are experiencing unprecedented heat waves right now. If you are in one of those areas and not in air conditioning, the phone may get hotter than it should.

Hot iPhone is it normal ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.