Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store New Apple ID

I have created a new Apple ID and now when I update my apps on a MacBook or an iPhone I am asked to sign in to my previous Apple ID. How do I get rid of my previous Apple ID in this situation? I want to use only my new one.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 11:57 AM

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 11:57 AM in response to Alim827

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

App Store New Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.