Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i already have my own apple id but when i download it app it tells me put in password for an apple id that isn’t mine to restore the apps how do i remove that other apple id?

i already have my own apple id but when i download it app it tells me put in password for an apple id that isn’t mine to restore the apps how do i remove that other apple id?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 5:25 AM

Try deleting the app entirely first, then redownload it with your ID. One frequent reason for the issue you are seeing is because the app was originally downloaded using a different account from the one the iPhone is currently logged into.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.