Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone iOS update

I know I'm not the only one that is having a battery drain, among other difficulties with the new iOS update on my iPhones. Can I find any help/discussions on your site?

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 1:23 PM

There are several threads, including one long one, about battery drain and iOS 14.6.

If you just updated keep in mind that your Spotlight index has to update which will use battery and you will be getting a lot of app updates. If you have automatic updates turned on that will also consume your battery at a higher rate.

Give it 72 hours to a week and see if your battery life settles. If it does not go to Settings > Battery and see which apps/processes are using most of your battery. You may have an app that went rogue like Facebook is prone to do.

You can also do a Google search and find complaints about increased battery use after updates going back to iPhone 1.0.1

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 1:23 PM in response to mimithemasher

There are several threads, including one long one, about battery drain and iOS 14.6.

If you just updated keep in mind that your Spotlight index has to update which will use battery and you will be getting a lot of app updates. If you have automatic updates turned on that will also consume your battery at a higher rate.

Give it 72 hours to a week and see if your battery life settles. If it does not go to Settings > Battery and see which apps/processes are using most of your battery. You may have an app that went rogue like Facebook is prone to do.

You can also do a Google search and find complaints about increased battery use after updates going back to iPhone 1.0.1

Jun 29, 2021 1:20 PM in response to mimithemasher

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing after updating to iOS 14.6

There have been some reports of users experiencing problems with their battery decreasing slightly faster than normal after upgrading their iOS, Apple will likely fix this in a future update.

You can find out more information about battery, charging and optimising your battery to get the most out of it here

New iPhone iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.