Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my mouse is not working, how can I check that the Bluetooth is on? I can’t navigate and click on anything without a working mouse!!!!

Mouse is connected and charged and turned on, but does not control the cursor.

Apple support suggests checking the Bluetooth connection, but idk how to do that without being able to love the cursor!

What might have caused my mouse to stop working and how can I try to fix it!

thank you!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 3:53 PM

Have you tried restarting the computer? These Bluetooth Advanced settings are normally defaulted on, and will bring up the Bluetooth Setup Assistant if the computer is started (restarted) and no mouse is detected:

To force your computer to shut down, hold the power button down until the computer shuts off. Pause a few moments, then press the power button again to start up the computer. You will lose any unsaved work cycling the computer in this way.

MtD

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 3:53 PM in response to Likeanairplane

Have you tried restarting the computer? These Bluetooth Advanced settings are normally defaulted on, and will bring up the Bluetooth Setup Assistant if the computer is started (restarted) and no mouse is detected:

To force your computer to shut down, hold the power button down until the computer shuts off. Pause a few moments, then press the power button again to start up the computer. You will lose any unsaved work cycling the computer in this way.

MtD

If my mouse is not working, how can I check that the Bluetooth is on? I can’t navigate and click on anything without a working mouse!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.