Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth doesn't see the mouse

I bought a new mouse and it's not on the bluetooth list. The mouse is turned on and I've reset the mouse and the laptop. It's not even on the list.

The mouse pairs with my friend's laptop. (We tried it, and then disconnected)

Many website offers to use the debug option, but I don't have a debug option on the laptop.

I used the cable to connect the mouse to the laptopr and tried to set up a bluetooth mouse. Nothing.

What do I do?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 12:35 PM

Is this an Apple Magic Mouse, or some brandx with Bluetooth v5 in it?

Power off your Mac. Power off the Bluetooth mouse. Connect a USB mouse to the Mac. Power on the Bluetooth mouse, then power up the Mac With the USB mouse, navigate to the Bluetooth preferences, ensure that Bluetooth is on, It should discover the Bluetooth mouse, and you may need to move it around abit for that to happen. You may even have to manually click "Connect."

Once this is working, disconnect the USB mouse.

Ensure that you do not have several Bluetooth, or Bluetooth radio frequency devices nearby that can cause Bluetooth signal disruption with the Mac. A nearby Mac or PC that is on may be attempting to pair with the same mouse, and win.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2020 12:35 PM in response to aycaaltay

Is this an Apple Magic Mouse, or some brandx with Bluetooth v5 in it?

Power off your Mac. Power off the Bluetooth mouse. Connect a USB mouse to the Mac. Power on the Bluetooth mouse, then power up the Mac With the USB mouse, navigate to the Bluetooth preferences, ensure that Bluetooth is on, It should discover the Bluetooth mouse, and you may need to move it around abit for that to happen. You may even have to manually click "Connect."

Once this is working, disconnect the USB mouse.

Ensure that you do not have several Bluetooth, or Bluetooth radio frequency devices nearby that can cause Bluetooth signal disruption with the Mac. A nearby Mac or PC that is on may be attempting to pair with the same mouse, and win.

Bluetooth doesn't see the mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.