Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14.6

I just bought iPhone 11 and it came with ios 14.2. I have been hearing about battery issues on the new ios 14.6. Should I keep using the ios 14.2 until the issue is rectified?

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 3:47 PM

10 replies

Jul 13, 2021 6:12 AM in response to davebeck1942

That is a totally off the wall and irrelevant. When there are a few devices that have a problem that points to the fact that it is a problem with those devices, not something that can be fixed magically globally in system software. Apple has several ways to deal with a problem on a specific device, but it is up to the user to take advantage of them. Just posting in a user-to-user forum and complaining about it won’t get it fixed.

Apple’s formal support can be reached several ways:

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

Jul 12, 2021 4:51 PM in response to davebeck1942

You can assert all you want. That doesn’t make it a fact. If there was truly a significant battery problem with the roughly 500 million iPhones that have been updated to it you would see tens of thousands of posts about it.

This is what happens in this forum when there really is a battery problem, 9 years ago, when there were only 100 million iPhones in use. It was a real problem, that affected about 5 million phones.

Jul 12, 2021 7:17 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

But why have a number of users experienced this problem then? After I posted this afternoon I talked with Apple support. Changed a few settings that makes the experience less convenient. We’ll see.

My inclination is that there is an app or several that I’m using that is incompatible with 14.6. We’ll figure it out. I’ve been using Apple products almost exclusively since 1981. It will get resolved. But trust me, there is a glitch here.

ios 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.