Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won't stream from iPhone through Apple TV

When trying to stream music from an iPhone through Apple TV 4k there we get no sound. We've tried two different iPhones so the phone is likely not the issue. The Apple TV 4k is routed via a HDMI cable to our Yamaha receiver. The speakers our connected to the receiver are the primary output for the Apple TV. We can use airplay with movies and they have audio. We can do podcasts and the audio works for those too. But when we try music, we get nothing but silence. Any thoughts would be welcomed. Thank you.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 11:27 AM

Hello SC_Stigmata,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with sending music from your iPhone to your Apple TV 4K via AirPlay.

To clarify, are you using the Music app on your iPhone, or a different app?

If you are using the Music app, do you experience the same behavior if you attempt to play a desired song directly on your Apple TV using the Music app?

Have you been able to stream music from your iPhone to your Apple TV in the past without any difficulties?

If so, does that continue after restarting your iPhone and Apple TV? Restart Apple TV

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate and address this behavior.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 11:27 AM in response to SC_Stigmata

Hello SC_Stigmata,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with sending music from your iPhone to your Apple TV 4K via AirPlay.

To clarify, are you using the Music app on your iPhone, or a different app?

If you are using the Music app, do you experience the same behavior if you attempt to play a desired song directly on your Apple TV using the Music app?

Have you been able to stream music from your iPhone to your Apple TV in the past without any difficulties?

If so, does that continue after restarting your iPhone and Apple TV? Restart Apple TV

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate and address this behavior.

Take care.

Jul 3, 2021 1:16 PM in response to barberlives123

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

I am using the Apple Apps. I have not tried playing the music from the Music app on Apple TV. I am able to do it on a Gen 4 Apple TV we have set up to another TV. However, it is directly wired to the TV via HDM cable. The one I'm having issues with is a Gen 4k but is wired via HDMI cable through a receiver. I did try restarting the phone but not the Apple TV.

I will try restarting the Apple TV and I will try streaming music directly from the Music App on the TV. I will post what I learn.

Thank you.

Music won't stream from iPhone through Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.