Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4k

Hi All.

I just replaced a A-TV3 with a new A-TV4k (2021). The following problem did not occur with A-TV3, so it has come with the change to 4k

When connecting a new IOS device to A-TV 4k, via airplay, the audio is missing. A restart of the A-TV makes the audio come.

For example; A-TV is playing from one of the build in apps. iPhone-A wants to connect and stream music, the phone connects but no audio although it appears on the iPhone as if it is connected and playing, restarting A-TV makes the audio from iPhone-A come through. Now iPhone-B wants to connect and stream music, iPhone-A disconnect and B connects, but there is no audio. After restarting A-TV audio from iPhone-B comes through.

Fun fact-1: If I instead of music stream a video, there is audio..... only when streaming music, the audio is missing.

Fun fact-2; in a different house I have another A-TV4k, at this one I have no issues. Everything works as expected when streaming.

Any idea what can be the root cause?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Please try:

1. Unplug your modem from its power source and Restart Modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source and Restart router.
  3. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 
1 reply

Apple tv 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.