Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios16 update audio problems using lightning cord and HDMI cable to tv from iPhone 8

After updating my iPhone and iPad with iOS 16 update, when i attach the lightning cable and HDMI cable to my phone or iPad to tv I have no audio. There’s a picture but no sound. Just last week it worked but after updating not working.

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 6:21 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 23, 2022 4:26 PM in response to Update16

Hello Update16,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

We were able to find this:

"Connect iPhone to a display with a cable

With the appropriate cable or adapter, you can connect your iPhone to a secondary display, like a computer monitor, TV, or projector.

1. Plug a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter into the charging port on the bottom of iPhone.
  2. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter.
  3. Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the monitor, TV, or projector.
  4. If necessary, switch to the correct video source on the monitor, TV, or projector. If you need help, use the display’s manual."

More details can be found here: Connect iPhone to a display with a cable

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Have you tested with another HDMI cable, Adapter, or display? Also, what is your exact iOS version?

Cheers!

Dec 1, 2022 6:21 PM in response to Omar_A1

I am having this issue as well since downloading update 16.0 on my Iphone 8plus. I have now updated to 16.1.2 hoping there would be a fix but nothing yet. The lightning to hdmi cable worked fine prior to the update, and works now using my husbands phone which has not as yet been updated. I think its clear that original poster knows how to connect his lightning to hdmi cable as they indicated it worked prior to the update. We are looking to see if Apple is aware of this issue since the update and if there is a fix.

Ios16 update audio problems using lightning cord and HDMI cable to tv from iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.