Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased a new IPhone and am trying to get the 1year free AppleTV subscription but it puts me in the 7 day free trial. How do we get the 1 year free?

Purchased a new IPhone and am trying to get the 1 year free AppleTV subscription but it puts me in the 7 day free trial. How do we get the 1 year free?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 6:27 PM

The offer should be redeemed on your new eligible Apple device.

The offer should be claimed within the first three months.

Read here how to redeem in more detail: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 6:27 PM in response to junocats

The offer should be redeemed on your new eligible Apple device.

The offer should be claimed within the first three months.

Read here how to redeem in more detail: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Jul 11, 2021 6:07 AM in response to kennethpm

This is not available anymore, according to apple's web site. it says free 3 month trial of Apple TV+ with purchase of new iPhone

That is correct for devices activated on or after July 1st.

which I did yesterday. Still don't see it on my phone. Just a 7 day trial.

If you meet the conditions (official purchase, first user, no previous offer, etc.), then you should be able to find the redeem button in the TV app on your new eligible device. If you don’t see it immediately, look further in the tv+ tab of the TV app. Contact Apple if you can’t find it (step 5): If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Jul 17, 2021 12:42 PM in response to junocats

In my case, I tried everything suggested without success, so contacted Apple Support by phone. Turns out that the problem was that, although I purchased my new Mac in late June 2021, Apple's system showed a purchase date in April, meaning that I had missed the 3-month deadline to redeem the offer for the free year of Apple TV+. This is odd, because I didn't purchase anything from Apple in April. The support person could also see the correct June purchase date for the Mac so resolved things by verbally giving me a redeem code. Problem solved, free year in place.

Purchased a new IPhone and am trying to get the 1year free AppleTV subscription but it puts me in the 7 day free trial. How do we get the 1 year free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.