Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prohibitory sign

I'm getting prohibitory sign after installing Catalina on MacBook Pro. I have tried using command + R to get to recovery mode and reinstall it again but I keep on getting prohibitory sign anytime I restart it. Please help me!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 6:37 PM

You might try one of these Recovery mode startups.

• Press Option + Command + R when you boot up to enter Internet Recovery Mode.

Once you enter this mode you will be able to access an Apple server to download the verson of macOS. This will be the latest macOS compatible with your Mac. Note: If you aren’t running Sierra 10.12.4 of later, this will install the version that came with your Mac.

• Shift + Option + Command + R (if you are running Sierra 10.12.4 or later) will install the version of MacOS that came with your Mac, or the one closest to it that is still available.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 6:37 PM in response to Brasam97

You might try one of these Recovery mode startups.

• Press Option + Command + R when you boot up to enter Internet Recovery Mode.

Once you enter this mode you will be able to access an Apple server to download the verson of macOS. This will be the latest macOS compatible with your Mac. Note: If you aren’t running Sierra 10.12.4 of later, this will install the version that came with your Mac.

• Shift + Option + Command + R (if you are running Sierra 10.12.4 or later) will install the version of MacOS that came with your Mac, or the one closest to it that is still available.

Prohibitory sign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.