Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2018 Battery Swelling

I bought my new MacbookPro 2018 in 2019, after 2.5 years of using, the battery has swollen and the base is not flat anymore, which caused the Macbook to wobble on the table when Im using it.

I check the battery condition and it is fine and normal.

What should I do? Does it caused any risk and safety issue? Does Apple covers this hardware issue?

Thank you all.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 9:03 PM

AmosApple Said:

"Macbook Pro 2018 Battery Swelling: I bought my new MacbookPro 2018 in 2019, after 2.5 years of using, the battery has swollen and the base is not flat anymore, which caused the Macbook to wobble on the table when Im using it. I check the battery condition and it is fine and normal. What should I do? Does it caused any risk and safety issue? Does Apple covers this hardware issue?"

-------

What to Do:

Get this Serviced, ASAP. Note that this is purely a risk and a safety issue due to battery acid contaminants. So, if this is covered under warranty from Apple, then get this serviced through them. Elsewise, take it to an AASP (Apple Authorized Serviced Provider). A new battery is needed. Moreover, you logic board and hard drive are highly at risk.

I. Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

II. Finding an AASP:

Go Here: Find Locations - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 9:03 PM in response to AmosApple

AmosApple Said:

"Macbook Pro 2018 Battery Swelling: I bought my new MacbookPro 2018 in 2019, after 2.5 years of using, the battery has swollen and the base is not flat anymore, which caused the Macbook to wobble on the table when Im using it. I check the battery condition and it is fine and normal. What should I do? Does it caused any risk and safety issue? Does Apple covers this hardware issue?"

-------

What to Do:

Get this Serviced, ASAP. Note that this is purely a risk and a safety issue due to battery acid contaminants. So, if this is covered under warranty from Apple, then get this serviced through them. Elsewise, take it to an AASP (Apple Authorized Serviced Provider). A new battery is needed. Moreover, you logic board and hard drive are highly at risk.

I. Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

II. Finding an AASP:

Go Here: Find Locations - Apple

Macbook Pro 2018 Battery Swelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.