Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't link mp3 file to iTunes library

Usually, when I want to add new songs to my iTunes library, I download the mp3 files and then drag and drop them from my downloads file onto the iTunes library. The blue rectangle pops up with the word link, I let go and it always works.

But now, for some reason, most of the mp3 files I'm dragging and dropping aren't linking even after the blue rectangle pops up. And a few are, but they have the words "not available" next to the title of the file. The song plays in the Groove app when I click on it so it can't be the mp3 file itself that has a bug in it.

I've tried looking for answers, restarted my laptop, checked for updates, tried linking the files via different ways, but they always yield the same results. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening now and how to make it work?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 2:59 AM

Pop a copy into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside the iTunes Media folder. Either the track gets added to the library or the file is moved to a Not Added folder. Won't tell you what the issue is, but confirms there is one. Possible reasons are that the files is actually a different format or has some internal error and Groove is just being more tolerant. To check for internal errors try mp3val.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 2:59 AM in response to Phoenix365

Pop a copy into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside the iTunes Media folder. Either the track gets added to the library or the file is moved to a Not Added folder. Won't tell you what the issue is, but confirms there is one. Possible reasons are that the files is actually a different format or has some internal error and Groove is just being more tolerant. To check for internal errors try mp3val.

tt2

Can't link mp3 file to iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.