Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Control Center from Lock Screen

I’ve performed the steps to disable the control center as described in the discussions here (settings-face id and passcode-toggle control center button off) and still I’m able to access the control center.

My phone was stolen from my hands in Ecuador this past Saturday and of course the first thing they do is turn on airplane mode. I now have the 12 Max iOS 14.6 and would really like to remove that feature.

thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Hello I will be happy to assist you,

since you have the iPhone 12 pro max, it has Face ID. When you pull down on control centre do you see the lock symbol as locked or unlocked? If it shows a unlocked lock symbol then that is why it works. You are changing the right setting as you mentioned so thats not the issue.

One thing to try is to wear a face mask and see if you can access control centre.

Hope this helps!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 9:42 AM in response to darroyo657

Hello I will be happy to assist you,

since you have the iPhone 12 pro max, it has Face ID. When you pull down on control centre do you see the lock symbol as locked or unlocked? If it shows a unlocked lock symbol then that is why it works. You are changing the right setting as you mentioned so thats not the issue.

One thing to try is to wear a face mask and see if you can access control centre.

Hope this helps!

Jun 30, 2021 9:05 AM in response to darroyo657

darroyo657 wrote:

I’ve performed the steps to disable the control center as described in the discussions here (settings-face id and passcode-toggle control center button off) and still I’m able to access the control center.
My phone was stolen from my hands in Ecuador this past Saturday and of course the first thing they do is turn on airplane mode. I now have the 12 Max iOS 14.6 and would really like to remove that feature.

thanks!

I just tried this on my phone and you can't access the control center. Are you looking at your phone while you try to open control center?

Disable Control Center from Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.