Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay stops when phone is locked

So i’ve been having this annoying problem, when i AirPlay a video from photos app to my Samsung Smart TV the video works fine but when i lock my phone the AirPlay stops or sometimes the video gets paused and the only way to continue watching is to unlock the phone, and I can’t keep my phone on throughout the whole video/movie, i tried to let the phone automatically lock according to some people who had this problem but it didn’t fix it, any help? Or is it supposed to pause/stop AirPlay when my phone is locked, if it is, is there’s a way where i can play a video from the phone the TV without facing this problem? Also just to let you know im using an iPhone 12 Pro, Thanks.

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 11:27 AM

Hello iiianas,

We understand that AirPlay stops when the screen locks on your iPhone. Are you using AirPlay in Control Center to mirror the screen? If so, this is expected behavior. If the iPhone screen goes black, so will the AirPlay content. This support article may help: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 11:27 AM in response to iiianas

Hello iiianas,

We understand that AirPlay stops when the screen locks on your iPhone. Are you using AirPlay in Control Center to mirror the screen? If so, this is expected behavior. If the iPhone screen goes black, so will the AirPlay content. This support article may help: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

AirPlay stops when phone is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.