You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay shuts off when casting a video to my Smart TV

I have the iphone13 with IOS 15.2.1 software. When I Airplay a video from my phone to my Smart TV, it will disconnect after a few minutes. I am not mirroring my screen but connecting via Airplay. I have my lock screen setting for 5 minutes, which is the most time allowed. Is there a way to Airplay a video or show from my phone without having to touch the phone screen every few minutes to prevent the phone disconnecting from my Smart TV. Again, I am not using the screen mirroring but the AirPlay and there does not appear to be an option to prevent the phone from locking. I understand the desire for screen lock and the associated security, but while I am streaming a show it does not make sense (if the lock screen functionality is what is causing the problem).

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:41 PM

You may know --> See all AirPlay 2–enabled smart TVs

1 reply

Airplay shuts off when casting a video to my Smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.