Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac iMovie to iPhone iMovie

How do I Import a movie I’ve already started to create on my Mac’s iMovie to my iPhone’s iMovie?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 5:19 PM

Unfortunately, one cannot import a Mac iMovie project, that is still in editable form, into iPhone iMovie. You can do it from iPhone to Mac, but not the other way around.

What you would need to do is export your Mac iMovie project as a standalone movie to your desktop, and from there import it into an iPhone iMovie project as a single clip. It will contain all of the edits that you made. You can further edit it to some extent, such as by splitting, trimming, adding titles, creating segments that you can move or delete. Also, you can import the raw media from your Mac to your iPhone and use the raw media in an iPhone iMovie project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 5:19 PM in response to Jahlena07

Unfortunately, one cannot import a Mac iMovie project, that is still in editable form, into iPhone iMovie. You can do it from iPhone to Mac, but not the other way around.

What you would need to do is export your Mac iMovie project as a standalone movie to your desktop, and from there import it into an iPhone iMovie project as a single clip. It will contain all of the edits that you made. You can further edit it to some extent, such as by splitting, trimming, adding titles, creating segments that you can move or delete. Also, you can import the raw media from your Mac to your iPhone and use the raw media in an iPhone iMovie project.

-- Rich

Mac iMovie to iPhone iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.