Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing movies from desktop to iOS movie

I have old home movies that I placed on the desktop. I don’t know how to import them to the iMovie app.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:30 PM

You can activate Air Drop on both devices and use that feature to transfer your movies to your iPhone. From there you can import them into iMovie for iOS like you would any other clip. Here's the link to the iMovie for iOS forum, as this forum is for iMovie for Mac.

iMovie for iOS - Apple Community

If I've misread your post, and you are trying to import movies from your desktop to Mac iMovie, you can do that by opening iMovie, and then creating a project, and then dragging the movies from your desktop into the timeline of the project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 8:30 PM in response to Oesch2673

You can activate Air Drop on both devices and use that feature to transfer your movies to your iPhone. From there you can import them into iMovie for iOS like you would any other clip. Here's the link to the iMovie for iOS forum, as this forum is for iMovie for Mac.

iMovie for iOS - Apple Community

If I've misread your post, and you are trying to import movies from your desktop to Mac iMovie, you can do that by opening iMovie, and then creating a project, and then dragging the movies from your desktop into the timeline of the project.

-- Rich

Importing movies from desktop to iOS movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.