Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why gmail doesn't work after putting application specific password in iphone?

I went to gmail and generated the application specific password, entered it in my phone and gmail wouldn't work. In the past it worked, and after some months, out of nowhere it dones't work. SO I generated another password, entered it and nothing... It tell me: the mail server doens't respond. Check the details of your accoutn in the settings...

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 12:27 AM

There are 2 steps to that:

- continue and

- Sign in using the application you want to authorize access to your account within the next ten minutes. Google will remember the application after it signs in and will allow it to access your account in the future as long as it uses the correct password.

Note: Since your account uses 2-Step Verification, you may need to create an application-specific password to sign in with your application.

Signing it to the application is precisely what I can not do with my Gmail in iPhone, so how could I do that. And I already have the app-specific password...

Any other tips?

Thank you!

Gmail not receiving email

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 12:27 AM in response to Johnmartin12

There are 2 steps to that:

- continue and

- Sign in using the application you want to authorize access to your account within the next ten minutes. Google will remember the application after it signs in and will allow it to access your account in the future as long as it uses the correct password.

Note: Since your account uses 2-Step Verification, you may need to create an application-specific password to sign in with your application.

Signing it to the application is precisely what I can not do with my Gmail in iPhone, so how could I do that. And I already have the app-specific password...

Any other tips?

Thank you!

Gmail not receiving email

Jul 1, 2021 9:48 AM in response to Johnmartin12

Johnmartin12 wrote:

I went to gmail and generated the application specific password, entered it in my phone and gmail wouldn't work. In the past it worked, and after some months, out of nowhere it dones't work. SO I generated another password, entered it and nothing... It tell me: the mail server doens't respond. Check the details of your accoutn in the settings...

Then you need to contact google support or look at their support site.

Why gmail doesn't work after putting application specific password in iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.