Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see Apple TV in itunes

I have an Apple TV Gen 3. I don't have a remote currently but need to do a factory restore on it. I plugged it into my Windows 10 Laptop will multiple different USB cables (micro) and it will not appear.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 10:51 AM

To restore through a computer, you will need the iTunes application. The device may not be visible/accessible to Windows itself.

To restore through a computer, you will need a USB cable that supports data transfer. A charging cable from another device may not work.

To restore through a computer, you will need to power the Apple TV box with the power cord at the indicated moment.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 10:51 AM in response to Cjmartel1976

To restore through a computer, you will need the iTunes application. The device may not be visible/accessible to Windows itself.

To restore through a computer, you will need a USB cable that supports data transfer. A charging cable from another device may not work.

To restore through a computer, you will need to power the Apple TV box with the power cord at the indicated moment.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

Cannot see Apple TV in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.