Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie keeps freezing

Hello, I use iMovie for editing my video’s

But lately when I open it and click “Start a new project” It freezes

I don't know if its just me or...

But this is very stressful I use iMovie for editing my videos and if it Keeps freezing I cant upload.

*Im on Ipad btw*

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 6:06 PM

Hi ItzSlayerM8,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us help each other troubleshoot :)

Wondering which version of iPad you have, and which operating system you are using (iOS Number) ?

It may be that you have many movies in your storage, and so your iPad doesn't; have enough memory to use iMovie.

Apple support have an article online that can help you check your storage:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201656

If storage seems to be the problem:

you might want to look through the linked articles listed at the bottom of the article.

Please feel free to post here again, and, especially, please reply if you still need help :)

Hope this helps you :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 6:06 PM in response to ItzSlayerM8

Hi ItzSlayerM8,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us help each other troubleshoot :)

Wondering which version of iPad you have, and which operating system you are using (iOS Number) ?

It may be that you have many movies in your storage, and so your iPad doesn't; have enough memory to use iMovie.

Apple support have an article online that can help you check your storage:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201656

If storage seems to be the problem:

you might want to look through the linked articles listed at the bottom of the article.

Please feel free to post here again, and, especially, please reply if you still need help :)

Hope this helps you :)

Imovie keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.