Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple users with one iTunes account

My husband does not have a computer so he used my iTunes on my Mac. We used my iTunes to save his music and put it onto his new iPhone. In doing this, all of my songs were deleted. Luckily, I have them saved in google drive. Now I want to add my music to my new iPhone. I don’t want his music on his phone, but I also don’t want to delete all of his music. Since we have thousands of songs, I also don’t want to merge them all together and have to sort through what to sync to my phone. Is there a way for us two maintain two separate libraries in my iTunes account and only sync our own library to our own phone?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 3:51 AM

You can either create multiple libraries in iTunes by holding down option as you launch iTunes and sync each device with is own library, or create playlists within a single library and set up each device to sync with its own set of playlists. The second approach is probably the easiest to manage. I'm assuming here that you're not subscribed to either iTunes Match or Apple Music. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support for more on syncing.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 3:51 AM in response to whitney_j0508

You can either create multiple libraries in iTunes by holding down option as you launch iTunes and sync each device with is own library, or create playlists within a single library and set up each device to sync with its own set of playlists. The second approach is probably the easiest to manage. I'm assuming here that you're not subscribed to either iTunes Match or Apple Music. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support for more on syncing.

tt2

Multiple users with one iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.