Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I restore my phone if im locked out

how do I restore my phone if im locked out

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 10:05 PM

If your phone displays the message "iPhone is disabled, Connect to iTunes" you can reset it by preforming the following steps:

Remove the passcode on iPhone X or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus

1. Make sure that your iPhone isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

Remove the passcode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

2. Press and hold the Side button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Volume down button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery mode screen.

If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

Remove the passcode on iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s and earlier

2. Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

\Restore your iPhone

1. Locate your iPhone on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.
  2. Wait for the process to finish. Then set up and use your iPhone.

Still need help?

• If you can't update or restore your iPhone using recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken or stuck buttons, contact Apple Support. Then follow the steps to set up service for your iPhone.
  • If you're asked to enter your Apple ID and password while you're setting up your iPhone, learn what to do.

If you don't have access to a computer and your phone is connected to a network you may be able to reset it using Find My assuming it was enabled on your device and you have access to your Apple ID.

To sign in to Find My, go to icloud.com/find.

When you locate your device, you will see an option to erase it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 10:05 PM in response to chrislucas100

If your phone displays the message "iPhone is disabled, Connect to iTunes" you can reset it by preforming the following steps:

Remove the passcode on iPhone X or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus

2. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

Remove the passcode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

2. Press and hold the Side button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Volume down button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery mode screen.

Remove the passcode on iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s and earlier

2. Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

\Restore your iPhone

1. Locate your iPhone on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.
  2. Wait for the process to finish. Then set up and use your iPhone.

Still need help?

• If you can't update or restore your iPhone using recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken or stuck buttons, contact Apple Support. Then follow the steps to set up service for your iPhone.
  • If you're asked to enter your Apple ID and password while you're setting up your iPhone, learn what to do.

If you don't have access to a computer and your phone is connected to a network you may be able to reset it using Find My assuming it was enabled on your device and you have access to your Apple ID.

To sign in to Find My, go to icloud.com/find.

When you locate your device, you will see an option to erase it.

how can I restore my phone if im locked out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.