Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a Macbook Pro 15 (2019) charger with a Macbook Pro 13 (M1)?

Hi there,

I got a small thunderbolt docking station. This docking stations has the option to connect a battery charger to the the dock itself so when I only have one cable to connect to the laptop. I use two laptops, an MBP 13 M1 (personal) and a MBP 15 2019 for work. I know the MBP 13 charger does not provide sufficient power to the MBP 15 but... can I use the MBP 15 charger to power the MBP 13? Or will I break it?

Many thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 7:11 AM

jjcfrank wrote:

Hi there,

I got a small thunderbolt docking station. This docking stations has the option to connect a battery charger to the the dock itself so when I only have one cable to connect to the laptop. I use two laptops, an MBP 13 M1 (personal) and a MBP 15 2019 for work. I know the MBP 13 charger does not provide sufficient power to the MBP 15 but... can I use the MBP 15 charger to power the MBP 13? Or will I break it?

Many thanks

Won't break it.

Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201700

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 7:11 AM in response to jjcfrank

jjcfrank wrote:

Hi there,

Many thanks

Won't break it.

Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201700

Can I use a Macbook Pro 15 (2019) charger with a Macbook Pro 13 (M1)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.