Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has Apple Card services been down for almost 2 weeks?

I received an physical Apple Titanium MasterCard on 6/22. (The card was added to my Apple Wallet a few days earlier after I was approved for the card.)

I used the card twice in a retail store using Apple Pay. I even made a payment to the account through my checking account. I know the account is active.

I have yet to be able to activate the card.

I have tried dozens of times using the "standard" method (hold the phone by the card). I have also used the "I lost the packaging" option. The "error" message I get when I try activating the card via either method is:

"Apple Card services are currently unavailable. Please try again later"

Have Apple Card services really been down for almost 2 weeks? Sounds pretty unlikely.

My phone's software is up-to-date (14.6). The phone have been turned on and off during those dozens of attempts. Phone is an iPhone SE.

What do I have to do to get the card activated?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:24 AM

Hi, I doing a hard restart of your iPhone. Here is an Apple Support article that covers how to hard restart several different iPhone models,

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

After the hard restart, I’d try activating your Apple Card again. If activation fails again, try logging out of your Apple ID/iCloud account and logging back into your account. Then try activating again.

When I have Apple Services issues the log out and log in almost always resolves the issue. I hope this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 6:24 AM in response to Elizabeth Carpenter1

Hi, I doing a hard restart of your iPhone. Here is an Apple Support article that covers how to hard restart several different iPhone models,

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

After the hard restart, I’d try activating your Apple Card again. If activation fails again, try logging out of your Apple ID/iCloud account and logging back into your account. Then try activating again.

When I have Apple Services issues the log out and log in almost always resolves the issue. I hope this helps.

Why has Apple Card services been down for almost 2 weeks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.