Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i receive Apple TV on my Samsung TV?

I have a Samsung 55” Smart TV

Model # UN***XZA

How do I set up Apple TV?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 1:24 PM

Click on this link to see a list of TVs that support the Apple TV app. Look for your Samsung model to see if it supports the Apple TV app.

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

Note that the Samsung models supporting the Apple TV app are from 2018 on so if your Samsung is older then it likely cannot install the Apple TV app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 1:24 PM in response to Greyhounds_On-The_Go

Click on this link to see a list of TVs that support the Apple TV app. Look for your Samsung model to see if it supports the Apple TV app.

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

Note that the Samsung models supporting the Apple TV app are from 2018 on so if your Samsung is older then it likely cannot install the Apple TV app.

Jul 2, 2021 1:18 PM in response to Greyhounds_On-The_Go

The TV has be compliant with Apple TV. You can easily check your TV by first ensuring it has the most up-to-date firmware installed. Once the firmware issue has been take been taken care of then add the Apple TV app. If the App TV app does not appear that means you have a TV that is not compliant. However, don't dispair. You can then simply buy and Apple TV 4K and off you go. If buy an Apple TV 4K then you may qualify for a free year of Apple TV +. Please note I did NOT say Apple TV, I said Apple TV+.

how do i receive Apple TV on my Samsung TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.