Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up Apple TV on my TV?

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:51 AM

Please first refer to https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/ and tell us if your TV in listed on the list of Apple TV app compatible TV's. If it is simply open the app and setup your account and then begin enjoying the app. If you are referring to Apple TV+ which is Apple's proprietary content then you first need to have the Apple TV app.

If you are unsure of the difference between the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ please read below:

• The Apple TV app is simply a single place to buy content, including Apple TV+ content, Showtime, CBS, and lots of other content. 
  • Apple TV + is Apple's own proprietary content, currently it is a small library of content which is why it is inexpensive. The good news is the library is constantly growing and adding some pretty good content!

If you are still confused please visit www.apple.com/tv and look over Apple's TV offerings which include:

• Apple TV HD (hardware)
  • Apple TV 4K (hardware)
  • Apple TV app (as described above)
  • Apple TV + (as described above)
  • AirPlay
  • Accessories

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 7:51 AM in response to Mcak187

Please first refer to https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/ and tell us if your TV in listed on the list of Apple TV app compatible TV's. If it is simply open the app and setup your account and then begin enjoying the app. If you are referring to Apple TV+ which is Apple's proprietary content then you first need to have the Apple TV app.

If you are unsure of the difference between the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ please read below:

• The Apple TV app is simply a single place to buy content, including Apple TV+ content, Showtime, CBS, and lots of other content. 
  • Apple TV + is Apple's own proprietary content, currently it is a small library of content which is why it is inexpensive. The good news is the library is constantly growing and adding some pretty good content!

If you are still confused please visit www.apple.com/tv and look over Apple's TV offerings which include:

• Apple TV HD (hardware)
  • Apple TV 4K (hardware)
  • Apple TV app (as described above)
  • Apple TV + (as described above)
  • AirPlay
  • Accessories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.