Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

32UN880-B USB-C issues

As per another thread and having the same issue, here I am presenting the issue again.

I have the LG 32UN880-B, attached to my m1 Mac mini via USB-C. It was working fine all morning, and I left for lunch to find it not working. I thought it was my Mini, so I powered it off and on again. Still a blank screen, so I switched it over to the HDMI cable and it works. However, I can no longer connect my mini to the monitor VIA usb-c for the display or connecting peripherals to.

Yes, the USB-C works, I've been able to use it for my iPad.

Yes, I've tried another usb-c cable, which also worked with my iPad.

Again, this is following up on another thread that as gone dormant. I've put a tech-call into LG, and they will call me back tomorrow. However, the closet repair centre is over an hour away from me. Which *****. I know others have this issue, so I'm hoping this bumps up the discussion.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 6:32 AM

From Apple's M1 mini tech specs, the device is intended to be connected from its USB-C port using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable, or from the HDMI port (or USB-C to HDMI adapter) to the respective ports on the 32UN880-B. Apple does not indicate USB-C to USB-C display support from the M1 mini.

I am using a Belkin Ultra High Speed (2.1) HDMI cable between the M1 mini HDMI port and the first HDMI port on this display and it is reliably superlative. It also works with the Belkin USB-C to 4K HDMI adapter with the same cable. Two known, Apple-supported solutions that work.

The 32UN880-B also supports three different DisplayPort versions on its associated input setting.

I suggest. you go the HDMI route and recoup what may be additional lost time chasing the unsupported USB-C to USB-C issue.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 6:32 AM in response to say2k

From Apple's M1 mini tech specs, the device is intended to be connected from its USB-C port using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable, or from the HDMI port (or USB-C to HDMI adapter) to the respective ports on the 32UN880-B. Apple does not indicate USB-C to USB-C display support from the M1 mini.

I am using a Belkin Ultra High Speed (2.1) HDMI cable between the M1 mini HDMI port and the first HDMI port on this display and it is reliably superlative. It also works with the Belkin USB-C to 4K HDMI adapter with the same cable. Two known, Apple-supported solutions that work.

The 32UN880-B also supports three different DisplayPort versions on its associated input setting.

I suggest. you go the HDMI route and recoup what may be additional lost time chasing the unsupported USB-C to USB-C issue.

Jul 4, 2021 10:48 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hey thanks for this, I didn't realize that the USB-C didn't support displays on the m1 Mac. I had assumed it had. It is weird thought, it now works again via USB-C display.

I'll try the HDMI route, with the cable you've suggested. I have a high speed HDMI cable now, but the display quality doesn't seem to be on par with the USBC when it does work. Which might be related to the speed of the cable? I find the text blown out and the sRGB setting on the display couldn't be found. Any way, thanks for the tips and advice based on your experiences.

32UN880-B USB-C issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.