Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seem to be missing a Weather App on macOS Big Sur

I'm running Big Sur 11.4 on a MacBook Pro 16".

I was looking at my Location services in System Preferences, and right below Maps is this option for Weather, it's enabled (checked), but there's a problem triangle (yellow with exclamation point "!" ) indicator. When I hover over it, it says "Application not found at the expected path (/System/Library/CoreServices/Weather.app/Contents/MacOS/Weather)

I wasn't aware that there was supposed to be a default Weather app on macOS. I do not see one in the App Store from Apple. When I go to CoreServices, there is indeed a Weather.app. When I try to Open it, I get this crash report. What's the deal here? Is there a default Mac Weather app that my Mac is missing? Is this something in the works?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 4:50 PM

There is a weather widget in the Notification Center. See: Use widgets in Notification Center - Apple Support

Sorry, but I can't help with the rest or your question.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 2, 2021 6:40 PM in response to FoxFifth

That makes a lot of sense... I didn't have any widgets in my Notification Center yet, hadn't set them up. I've added a few, including Weather now. I also set it up to use My Location in the Edit section. The System Preferences Location menu is still missing the icon and still has the issue indicator. I checked in Package Contents for Weather.app, and there is only one thing inside the MacOS folder, it's called ClimateProxy, which is a Unix Executable File.

Seem to be missing a Weather App on macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.