Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 'Copy' link missing from Share Menu

The 'Copy' or 'Copy Link' option is missing from the Share menu on Safari for macOS Big Sur. I know that I can click into the address bar/box, select the URL, copy and then paste, but it seems like it used to be in the Share Menu. It still is in the Share Menu for Safari on iPadOS. I have gone into Settings > Extensions and checked the "Copy Link" option for the Share Menu. Also, I have checked a number of different websites, and it's the same on all of them.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 5:24 AM

Unfortunately, that link is of no value. The Copy Link item just doesn't show up in Safari, even though it's activated in the Extension Preferences. While the link does say that some options won't be available, it makes no sense. It works perfectly on iOS, so I don't see why they don't make it work on macOS as well.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 5:24 AM in response to dominic23

Unfortunately, that link is of no value. The Copy Link item just doesn't show up in Safari, even though it's activated in the Extension Preferences. While the link does say that some options won't be available, it makes no sense. It works perfectly on iOS, so I don't see why they don't make it work on macOS as well.

Jul 3, 2021 8:27 AM in response to dominic23

I think I should have stated my question better than I did. My apologies for any confusion. I think the expected or desired behavior is to have the same behavior or option found in iPadOS Safari to be found in macOS Safari. You should be able to click the "Share" button, and have a "Copy" button which copies the URL or web address in the address bar.

This would be so helpful and it seems like it used to exist. Without it, i have to click in the address bar, select the URL, then Cmd+C to copy. Am I missing something? Is there a setting somewhere to turn it on?

Safari 'Copy' link missing from Share Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.