Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most movies in iTunes and Apple TV app have no subtitles, what to do?

Kill Bill, The Founder, Reservoir Dogs, any movie I look up has either no subtitles, or only 1 subtitle in German language – which my girlfriend does not speak.

Where can I buy movies then? Do I need to buy another set-top box, like Roku? Or is there an app in the Apple TV App Store where I can buy movies from?

ps: I'm in Vietnam, Disney+ does not work here.

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 9:41 AM

Subtitles may be off by default. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Subtitles may not always include the native language of your iTunes Store region.

Available subtitles differ by region of the iTunes Store, as determined by the country of your account.

‘The Founder (2016)’ isn’t available in the Vietnam iTunes Store. Do you perhaps have an Apple ID account for a different country or region?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 9:41 AM in response to amazingcomputer

Subtitles may be off by default. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Subtitles may not always include the native language of your iTunes Store region.

Available subtitles differ by region of the iTunes Store, as determined by the country of your account.

‘The Founder (2016)’ isn’t available in the Vietnam iTunes Store. Do you perhaps have an Apple ID account for a different country or region?

Most movies in iTunes and Apple TV app have no subtitles, what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.