Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Music app on iPhone active when I stream music on HomePod mini

Perhaps this is a silly question.

I recently got a HomePod mini and I've noticed that when I've been steaming music on HomePod and look at the activity log on iPhone (under battery) the Music app has been active for the same length of time even though I haven't used Air Play.

Why is this? Have I set up HomePod mini wrongly?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 8:40 AM

Hello mysapphirestar.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If we are understanding correctly, you would like to know why the Music app displays as active while streaming music with HomePod mini. We will be glad to assist. You will see the Music app active while streaming because it is source of the music for your HomePod mini.

Check out this resource for more information on playing music on HomePod:

Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 8:40 AM in response to mysapphirestar

Hello mysapphirestar.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If we are understanding correctly, you would like to know why the Music app displays as active while streaming music with HomePod mini. We will be glad to assist. You will see the Music app active while streaming because it is source of the music for your HomePod mini.

Check out this resource for more information on playing music on HomePod:

Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device

Cheers.

Why is the Music app on iPhone active when I stream music on HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.