Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I stream from my iPhone to HomePod mini, the music keeps playing from my phone as well, and it is often not in sync

When I stream from my iPhone to HomePod mini, the music keeps playing from my phone as well, and it is often not in sync. I am running the latest OS updates on everything. Phone is iPhone 12 Pro. Dunno why this is happening or how to fix it.

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 10:28 AM

Thanks - that works, much appreciated. I have rebooted before and gradually the problem re-appears. Separately - though maybe connected(?) - the HomePod sometimes "goes rogue" and plays something different from what is being airplay from the iPhone. I understand that it is sometimes desirable to play separate songs on the iPhone in one room and the Mini in another, but the way in which this is controlled is not intuitive. Again - thanks for your help and insights.

turingtest2 wrote:

Reboot the iPhone and see if the issue persists.

tt2

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 10:28 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks - that works, much appreciated. I have rebooted before and gradually the problem re-appears. Separately - though maybe connected(?) - the HomePod sometimes "goes rogue" and plays something different from what is being airplay from the iPhone. I understand that it is sometimes desirable to play separate songs on the iPhone in one room and the Mini in another, but the way in which this is controlled is not intuitive. Again - thanks for your help and insights.

turingtest2 wrote:

Reboot the iPhone and see if the issue persists.

tt2

Sep 5, 2021 7:48 AM in response to turingtest2

This problem continues, even after multiple reboots. Every time I airplay a song from the Music app on my iPhone to the HomePod mini, the mini basically takes on a life of its own. First, it plays the same song as my IPhone (which itself continues to play out of its own speaker, slightly out of sync with the HomePod mini), and then when that song is done the HomePod just starts playing its own list - completely separately from the iPhone, which plays its normal queue.)

When I stream from my iPhone to HomePod mini, the music keeps playing from my phone as well, and it is often not in sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.