Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch (SE) won't let me add playlists downloaded on the iPhone

Trying to follow step by step to add playlists to the Apple Watch but it won't let me do it. I don't use Apple Music at the moment but the sync songs that were already on my MacBook. Playlists have been downloaded to iPhone and I can't seem to add it to the watch, even though is I click on the Add Music and select the playlist desired. Closed the applications and turned off/on again both devices and still won't work.

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 11:15 AM

Was just having a look, might have found the difference: these playlists I'm trying to sync are "Genius Playlists" whilst I can see that the one on the Watch actually is a "Smart Playlist". Do you know if this is stopping them from adding the songs to the Watch? And if so, how can it be fixed?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 11:15 AM in response to jeff2998

Was just having a look, might have found the difference: these playlists I'm trying to sync are "Genius Playlists" whilst I can see that the one on the Watch actually is a "Smart Playlist". Do you know if this is stopping them from adding the songs to the Watch? And if so, how can it be fixed?

Jul 4, 2021 9:23 AM in response to jeff2998

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, jeff2998!

We understand you're having trouble adding songs to your Apple Watch. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try unpairing your Apple Watch and then pairing it again:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone

Try adding the songs again.

Have a great day!

Jul 10, 2021 11:03 AM in response to alma1090

Hi alma1090, thank you for the reply! I followed your instructions (pared and erased, then set it up again); before this, I could see 3 albums and 1 playlist on the Watch, now it shows 5 albums and 1 playlist. So I'm still trying to add playlists that have been downloaded to the iPhone with no success... Any ideas of something else I could try? Thank you

Apple watch (SE) won't let me add playlists downloaded on the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.