Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV continuous episode play

Does anyone know if Apple TV has added the option for purchased TV shows to continuously play episodes? This would be great if they would get off their butts and add this simple option so we don't have to keep hitting the play button after each episode.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 5:53 PM

I'm using the Apple TV 4K and the system is up to date. I recently purchased the complete series of Seinfeld and I watch it using the tv shows iTunes app on the device. I play an episode and it goes back to the menu after playing that episode versus having the ability to play the next episode like so many streaming services today.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Teddy_B

I'm using the Apple TV 4K and the system is up to date. I recently purchased the complete series of Seinfeld and I watch it using the tv shows iTunes app on the device. I play an episode and it goes back to the menu after playing that episode versus having the ability to play the next episode like so many streaming services today.

Jul 5, 2021 7:49 AM in response to justinfromnorthglenn

justinfromnorthglenn,

Thank you for the additional information. This gives us the insight into a possible resolution for you. As you mentioned, you can do continuous play with streaming services, but the tv shows you purchased are not streaming. These purchased episodes would be considered Stand Alone's and you would need to tell each episode to play. We do think that by adding the TV show to the "Up Next" section in Apple TV, it will allow you to continuous play. We have included an article with more details.

Watch Now in the Apple TV app

Let us know if this option works for you.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Jul 4, 2021 9:50 AM in response to justinfromnorthglenn

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities  justinfromnorthglenn,

Thank you for contacting us regarding watching TV shows on your Apple TV . You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly, when you watch one of your TV shows from "Up Next", it doesn't continue playing when one episode ends.  We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, does the TV have the most current operating system? If so, then if you can give us a bit more detail on what your experiencing, we could assist better. What App are you using to watch? Is it downloaded to your library or streaming?

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Apple TV continuous episode play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.