Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera keeps opening in my pocket

iPhone XR camera keeps opening by itself in my pocket. Just today I felt it get hot in my pocket after 30 minutes. Checked to see that the camera had taken 98 pictures and even a 6:38 video. Battery went from 80% to 30%.

This happens at least 3x a week. Can you please add an option to remove the camera from the Lock Screen? This is making my iPhone unusable and is a ridiculous problem to have with a $1200 phone.

I have a password on the phone and the swipe to unlock is turned off. I don’t use any other apple products so it’s definitely the phone.

So far I haven’t found any solutions to this problem other than to post here and hope a patch gets released. I understand the use for having a camera link on the sleep screen for quick access but this feature is making my phone unusable since it literally opens every time it’s in my pocket and I walk around or bend down and starts taking pictures and videos.

No, I’m not spending more money on a different case to keep it outside of my clothes. If this is going to keep being a problem with no solution I should probably just move to Android where I don’t have to worry about having a dead phone in my pocket with a memory bank full of pocket pictures and videos while the battery burns out from overheating.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 10:56 PM

Do you have Tap to Wake enabled? Try to disable it in settings > accessibility > touch > tap to wake

1 reply

Camera keeps opening in my pocket

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.