Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to search apple tv movies

I can't seem to see a search bar on the apple TV website. Is there no way to search?

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 2:42 PM

Do you work at Apple?

I do not. This forum is really for user-to-user interaction.

I am using Amazon Fire and am unable to download the Apple TV app.

The Apple TV app is available on all but the oldest (3) Fire TV devices.

Watch in the Apple TV app on Amazon Fire TV - Apple Support

I also read online that shows that work on Amazon Fire will stop working after the first season.

I’m not going to debunk everything false online, but that claim isn’t true.

It appears that the Apple TV app is not intended to be used on other devices

The experience may not be exactly on par compared to Apple hardware, but Apple intends you to use this app on any compatible device.

I got Apple TV to watch ONE show and I don’t see it listed and since I can’t search for it, I can’t watch it, so have to assume Apple doesn’t have it.

Let us know what you were searching for, then we may figure it out together.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 2:42 PM in response to PC2Apple-convert

Do you work at Apple?

I do not. This forum is really for user-to-user interaction.

I am using Amazon Fire and am unable to download the Apple TV app.

The Apple TV app is available on all but the oldest (3) Fire TV devices.

Watch in the Apple TV app on Amazon Fire TV - Apple Support

I also read online that shows that work on Amazon Fire will stop working after the first season.

I’m not going to debunk everything false online, but that claim isn’t true.

It appears that the Apple TV app is not intended to be used on other devices

The experience may not be exactly on par compared to Apple hardware, but Apple intends you to use this app on any compatible device.

I got Apple TV to watch ONE show and I don’t see it listed and since I can’t search for it, I can’t watch it, so have to assume Apple doesn’t have it.

Let us know what you were searching for, then we may figure it out together.

Jul 4, 2021 3:06 AM in response to PC2Apple-convert

The website tv.apple.com features just Apple TV+ content, and all of that is listed on the main page. There is no text search on the site at this time (because it is not needed).

The Apple TV app on streaming devices does feature search functionality, but the real app also provides access to much more content (Apple TV+ by subscription, and iTunes Store movies and TV shows from other studios for buy and rent, and select premium Apple TV app Channels from other content providers each by subscription).

Jul 4, 2021 9:24 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for responding! Do you work at Apple?

I am using Amazon Fire and am unable to download the Apple TV app. I also read online that shows that work on Amazon Fire will stop working after the first season.

It appears that the Apple TV app is not intended to be used on other devices, so I will be canceling my Apple TV subscription until I decide to switch from Amazon Fire.

All the other streaming media services I subscribe to have a search function that is available from a laptop. It sounds like Apple only has search in the app, which I can’t see because the app doesn’t work on my Amazon fire.

Search is a very useful feature because it allows me to see what is available and add it to my list of what I want to watch. Right now it seems Apple TV has a very small list of available media, so it is possible to scroll through. I got Apple TV to watch ONE show and I don’t see it listed and since I can’t search for it, I can’t watch it, so have to assume Apple doesn’t have it.

How to search apple tv movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.