You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods say “Made in Vietnam” but my serial number is correct

Hi I got AirPods Pro as a present recently bought in 2021, I have been buying Apple products for over 15 years, I can tell a fake. My Serial number checks out and I even bought AppleCare+ and the store told me that my AirPods case are fake but my earbuds are reall?? But how could I even have bought AppleCare?

can someone tell me for sure with 100% certainty if “made in Vietnam” AirPods are real or not?

I own 2 airpod pros and I have check the boxes and everything looks 100% I’m just perplexed…need help!

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 3:31 PM

They are making some there. I have seen numerous news reports. Following is only one: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/08/apple-airpods-being-built-in-vietnam---report.html

1 reply

My AirPods say “Made in Vietnam” but my serial number is correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.