Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (M1) not charging

My week-old MacBook stopped charging. Thinking it was a defective charger, I got a new one, and it still doesn't charge. Neither the old nor new charger gets warm, and removing it from the plug and then plugging it back in has no effect. I've made an appointment with Apple to check this, but I'd appreciate any suggestions prior to taking it in.

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 3:38 AM

Have the Wall outlet been verified as working. Sounds dumb but sometimes the wall socket is defective.

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 and Big Sur If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 3:38 AM in response to jtmafrombald head island

Have the Wall outlet been verified as working. Sounds dumb but sometimes the wall socket is defective.

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 and Big Sur If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

MacBook Air (M1) not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.