Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 - charging probelm

Hi,

recently I found out that I have a problem with charging ma MacBook Pro M1.

I have it on charge most of the time (I have a docking station at work HP G2 and the Apple charger at home). Recently I just turn on the MacBook at the morning, connected the Apple charger and it didn't start to charge. I unplugged the cable, unplugged the charger atc. Somehow it started to charge again with no problem. However, another day it did the same. Didn't start to charge again. Somehow I managed to work by unplugging/plugging for several times.

After it start charging, it charge normally as I would expect.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Jakub

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:14 AM

jakudo wrote:

Hi,

I have it on charge most of the time (I have a docking station at work HP G2 and the Apple charger at home). Recently I just turn on the MacBook at the morning, connected the Apple charger and it didn't start to charge. I unplugged the cable, unplugged the charger atc. Somehow it started to charge again with no problem. However, another day it did the same. Didn't start to charge again. Somehow I managed to work by unplugging/plugging for several times.

Thanks,
Jakub

The built in Battery Health Management can put on hold charging...

Typically if you need full charge from the Menu bar in the upper right you can select:

If you think you have an issue beyond this— I suggest trying a Safe Boot to clear system, no need to log in simply reboot as normal and test.

SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Further if your issue continues:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 9:14 AM in response to jakudo

jakudo wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Jakub

The built in Battery Health Management can put on hold charging...

Typically if you need full charge from the Menu bar in the upper right you can select:

If you think you have an issue beyond this— I suggest trying a Safe Boot to clear system, no need to log in simply reboot as normal and test.

SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Further if your issue continues:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Aug 29, 2021 4:17 AM in response to leroydouglas

Well it didn't show anything in the menu bar. However, I believe I figured it out. There must have been some problem with the docking station. The after I tried it and it didn't work, after that , the charger itself didn't work for some time. I didn't use the docking station since Friday and the charger worked all the time with no problem. I will try different docking station.

MacBook Pro M1 - charging probelm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.