Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management ex-employer iPhone to personal use

Hi, I just left my previous job that left me with an iPhone X. They deactivated my number and I would like to upgrade my personal iPhone 7 to the iPhone X. I did a factor reset to wipe all my previous company's data and am trying to backup from my iPhone 7, however when I get to the "Hello" welcome screen, the next screens show that my iPhone X is still being "remotely managed" by my previous company. I can't login because my employee email has been deactivated as well. How do I get past this?

I tried to do a factory reset again via iTunes, but iTunes is saying I need to turn off Find My location features, however, I can't even do that because I can't get past the Hello welcome screen because of reasons listed above. Any advice? Thanks!

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 7:52 PM

Your previous employer needs to remove the remote management from the phone. It is not something you can do without their assistance.

~Lyssa

Similar questions

1 reply

Remote Management ex-employer iPhone to personal use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.