Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant access photos from iphone on imac via icloud

I have iCloud on for both my iPhone and iMac and I don't have any photos on iMac since 2019. I have read several articles about iCloud and photos and none have been helpful. What am I missing?

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 7:26 PM

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina or later) and stop Photos syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Mdfraz

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina or later) and stop Photos syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Jul 6, 2021 6:18 PM in response to Eric Root

Not only have the photos not shown up, after I signed out of iCloud on my Mac I shut it down. When I started it back up, all my desktop icons were gone. It appears they are all in the cloud now, and I can access them from Finder on the cloud but that's never happened before. I have no idea what is going on with my Mac but it's getting incredibly frustrating.

cant access photos from iphone on imac via icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.