Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari connection issue

I still have my original iPad 1 that I'd still alike to make use of. It has IOS 5.1.1, the latest update for this device.

When I attempt to connect to some websites, I sometimes get an error message that it cannot establish a secure connection. For websites that I trust, how can I bypass this issue?

iPad

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 1:27 PM

You cannot. This is about the fact that your version of Safari is out of date and is susceptible to security issues. Since the original iPad cannot run an iOS higher than 5.1.1, so you are running a risk of problems with your device due to this issue. That, and the fact that your security certificates are out of date. It is about time to update that device if you wish to connect to the Internet, and just use that iPad for non-Internet tasks, like playing music.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 1:27 PM in response to ptm9

You cannot. This is about the fact that your version of Safari is out of date and is susceptible to security issues. Since the original iPad cannot run an iOS higher than 5.1.1, so you are running a risk of problems with your device due to this issue. That, and the fact that your security certificates are out of date. It is about time to update that device if you wish to connect to the Internet, and just use that iPad for non-Internet tasks, like playing music.

Safari connection issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.